Experience 5 Years
No. of Positions 3
Umwalimu Savings and Credit Cooperative, referred to as Umwalimu SACCO, is a Savings and Credit Cooperative for Rwandan teachers and Employees in education sector, mandated to empower the members towards uplifting of their social-economic welfare and to contribute to socio-economic development of the community in which they live, by mobilizing savings and later offer appropriate, innovative and affordable financial and non-financial services to its members.
To support its growth, Umwalimu SACCO is seeking to recruit dynamic, competent and result-driven drivers on permanent basis regardless of the gender, and other kinds of discriminations.
Reporting to: Logistics and Stores Support;
Number of needed staff: three
Employment period: Open-ended period (Full-time)
Job Location: Countrywide and may require to live upcountry
CONDITIONS FOR THE CANDIDATE
To apply for the position of a driver, the candidates must inclusively fulfill the following:
- To be Rwandan and hold a National Identity card or a valid certificate showing the loss of the identity card
- To be between 35 and 45 year’s old
- To submit the recent criminal record (less than 3 months)
- To be physically and mentally fit as provided by a medical certificate and able to sit for a long period of time, and have a clear vision (eyesight).
- To present three persons of reference who testify his or her ability
- To be flexible to work anywhere (location) at any time for the benefit of Umwalimu SACCO
- To be smart by his/her appearance (cleanliness)
- Not to have been convicted for the imprisonment of at least six months
- Not to have been dismissed definitively from financial institutions;
- Not to have been prosecuted or sentenced for the crime of genocide or genocide ideology and other related offenses.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- At least a High School Diploma.
- Certification in driving and technical skills from the official and recognized driving school
- Valid driving license with at least category B
- To have at least 5 years of working experience in public or private Institution (proof: Work certificate or recommendation from last or current employer)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Basic technical knowledge of car
- Record keeping
- Interpersonal & Good Communication manners, customer service skills and practice, and good relationship with his/her colleagues
- To have the ability to speak fluently Kinyarwanda, having knowledge in English and/or French is an added value.
- Tact and discretion
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the vehicle is in good condition and clean inside and out all the time
- Running errands as required
- To fuel the vehicle at the approved petrol station following the laid down procedures
- Drive Institution’s employees and Executives, ensuring that they arrive at their destinations punctually and safely.
- Carry out all necessary safety checks and routine servicing of the car, eg checking oil and water levels, tyre pressure, etc.
- Reporting any defect or breakdown of the vehicle
- To declare insurance of vehicle to the insurance company;
- Carry out minor repairs where necessary.
- Receipting of any payments made
- To take care of tools and spares
- Maintain mileage and car service records.
- To serve in a pleasant, courteous and helpful manner and to portray a positive image of the institution in all interactions
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Umwalimu SACCO shall provide for equal employment opportunity to the prospective candidates without direct or indirect discrimination on grounds of ethnic or social origin, gender, political and philosophical or religious opinions.
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested applicants shall fill the required documents in hard copies as per advert accompanied by application letter, addressed to the Director-General of UMWALIMU SACCO and submit the dossier at UMWALIMU SACCO Head office, P.O BOX 2257 KIGALI Street No: KG 205ST and Telephone: (+250) 781 469 546.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to pass to the next step.
Deadline for application is August 29th,2019 before 17h00
Any supplementary information regarding the recruitment advertisement shall be obtained at Human Resource & Administration Department of Umwalimu SACCO at any time during the working hours: From 8:00 AM up to 6:00 PM starting from Monday to Friday.
Done at Kigali, on August 9th, 2019
NDAYISABA N. Willy UWAMBAYINGABIRE Claudine
Director of HR & Administration Ag. Director-General & Director of Operations