Experience 2 Years
The University of Rwanda is a public institution of Higher learning committed to support the development of the country through the generation and advancement of knowledge and innovation among other core activities.
The University of Rwanda, College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), School of Public Health, through the Single Project Implementation Unit (UR-SPIU), would like to recruit competent and full time motivated candidates to apply on the following positions for the period of one year. It is a vacancy announcement from Global Environmental and Occupational Health (GEO-Health) Hub for Research and Training in Eastern Africa for Rwandan side. The GEO-Health Hub is a research and training platform that was established with grant support from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) of the United States of America and the Canadian International Development Research Centre (IDRC). The Hub focuses on research and training activities around the themes of air pollution and health, occupational safety and health, and climate change research.
It is in this regard, UR-SPIU calls for qualified and motivated candidates to apply on the following positions:
- Conduct outdoor air pollution monitoring/exposure assessment field research
- Electronic and manual data collection
- Management of study’s monitoring sites
- Coordination of hospital data collection with assigned hospital staff
- Participation in development of research objectives, design, and data collection for environmental health exposure and other related projects.
- Work closely with research administrator and other GEO-Health team members
- Collaborate and work harmoniously with GEO-Health Hub and SPH/CHS academic and admin support staff
- Compile field research report periodically and provide timely report to the Research Administrator
- Work on any related assignment pertaining to GEO-Health research activities
- Communicate with partners effectively through pertinent modes of communication such as email and regular Skype calls as appropriate.
Qualification & required skills
- BSc in Environmental Health Sciences, Environmental engineering or related Health Science fields is preferred
- At least 2 years of field research experience
- Experience with environmental health research, specifically monitoring sites/ stations
- Experience with hospital data collection
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Computer skills required and familiarity with exposure equipment
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Interested candidate should submit their applications online to the firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com ;firstname.lastname@example.org, with Mention of Application for GEO-Health in e-mail subject. The application file must be a single PDF file and contain the following documents:
- Application letter written in English
- A detailed curriculum Vital
- A copy of academic degree
- A proof of experience if mentioned above in the potion requirements
The deadline for submission of the application is set on 14th June 2019